Monday, April 9, 2007

Taha









Yes, I am back to boys. Sorry, but they are everywhere & happy to talk (usually) or at least smile & giggle. They also, practically all have amazing eyes- Turkish genes, I guess. This fellow is no exception. His name is Taha & he too is in my glass class. I must say, I don’t know him too well. He is a little shy (kind of hangs out in the background in his little thrown together, artsy boy way). I don’t think he speaks much English… hence the problem. Even with our lack of communication, he is always willing to help out. Glass work is a race against the clock (it cools very quickly) so it is great to have a helper. At the moment we are making little animals. He has stepped away from his own projects to dutifully assist in the attachment of numerous ears & tails. Always smiling & giving me kudos. Cok guzel (choke goo-zel = very good), he says, as we place yet another little glass pig into the cooling oven- eyelashes fluttering & a big grin on his face. Thanks for cheering me on.

No comments: