Sunday, April 1, 2007

Heartbreaking :(









These big ol’ puppy dog eyes belong to Sinan, Rahmi’s office mate. His eyes are so sad it almost breaks my heart a little bit every time I look at him. Now, I will say that they do twinkle a bit when he’s laughing, and he does his fare of giggling, as all Turkish boys do. The difference with him is that the second the laughter stops, his eyes (or really his whole face) goes right back to being sad- it’s the darnedest thing. I don’t think it has anything to do with being depressed or anything, I just think the gears are always turning up there & he gets a little lost in it. Or maybe he is searching for something when he looks at you-- acceptance maybe (he is a shy one). For the longest time he has reminded me of someone & I could never place it. The other day, I finally figured it out… his long lanky body & dark, down turned eyes strangely remind me of pictures of my grandfather when he was young. This realization has made looking at him both more endearing & painful (tugs at the heart strings can bring on a strange sensation of conflicting emotions).

3 comments:

kloeamongtheturks said...

Wow, girl, you are meeting gorgeous (and I'm sure very intelligent) men! I am jealous!
Kloe

venicia said...

Lenny, I am quite impressed with your insights. Your writing is beautiful. Sadly, it makes me miss you even more. I miss you like crazy. This is a wonderful idea with the eyes...love it!! Of course, YOU did it...how could it not be loved by all?
love you,
Venicia

Len said...

Thank you so much. It is great to get some feed back.

Kloe, you are too funny! If you ever want to go out on the town and meet some cute turkish boys, just say the word.

Venicia, thanks for all the kudos. I am so fortunate to be so loved and supported. I miss you tons and love you too.

Stay tuned ladies there is more to come. :)