Sunday, June 10, 2007

Turkish Girl









This is Seckin (pronounced Sechkin), probably one of the first Turkish girls to acknowledge my existence. We met at an Erasmus gathering & hit it off immediately. She really renewed my faith in the female part of society here- thank goodness... I needed some hope at that point. She is super smart & fun (not to mention she speaks great English, which is always a huge plus for me- as I continue to struggle with learning Turkish). She is just finishing her Master’s degree in TV Production. Unfortunately, this has made it very hard to get together with my new friend because she is always writing her thesis. Luckily, we managed a trip to Cappadocia as well as a few meetings over tea, coffee & beer. School ends soon, so we will try to squeeze in a few more before I have to leave. I will miss her :(

No comments: