Sunday, June 10, 2007

Eda









It is only natural that I post this girlie with Seckin. Eda & Seckin are like two little peas in a pod- always together. I met her on our Cappadocia trip & she is fabulous. Picture a fair skinned, slightly freckled, Turkish girl with hair down to her knees (extremely rare here- maybe because it could be seen as a big slap in the face of the traditional covered women). She sort-of has Goth look to her (black eyeliner, combat boots, black lace & accents of red or hot pink typically). She is almost always dressed in full regalia- everything color coordinated. On top of these elaborate costumes, she is amazingly peppy- dancing spinning, chatting. I love to be around her- her energy is awesome. I especially love the fact that her personality is in direct opposition to her preferred fashion style. There is not an ounce of pretentious surliness (like Goths in the U.S.) in her & I love it. I have really enjoyed being in her presence & I will really miss her too.

No comments: